- Remove roofing tiles or lift roof sheets to achieve an opening to fit the Roof Extenda Safety Anchor.
- Bolt angle section and flat plate sandwiching the selected rafter at approx. 300mm from the roof’s ridge with a minimum of 8 x M12 Hex Bolts, Nuts and Washer (Not supplied).
- Replace roof tiles or roof sheet, cutting a hole to allow the loop & roof to penetrate the roof.
- The weather Seal is fitted to the top bracket, top bracket is then wound down to the desired height and the lock nut tightened. Mark the position of the Weather Seal on the roofing. Slide the Weather Seal up to apply clear neutral cure silicone to the area marked, press & shape the Weather Seal into the roofing profile and finish with the bead of silicone to the edges of the Weather Seal to complete the fitting.
FlashRite Weather Seal
If using a FlashRite weather seal, slide it over the loop and down the shaft. Ensure roofing area is clean and dry, mark the position of the FlashRite weather seal on the roofing. Apply clear neutral cure silicone inside the area marked, press the FlashRite weather seal into position and finish with a bead of silicone to the edges of the FlashRite weather seal to complete the fitting.
If using a flexatile, remove the middle lining from the underside of the flexatile. Cut the rubber cone at least 15mm smaller than the Roof Safety Anchor bracket OD with a sharp knife or scissors. Ensure tiles are cleaned before installation. Lubricate the bracket with water and slide the flashing down the bracket. Form an anti-capillary fold at top of base sheet. Remove the protective backing from the underside of the flashing, that is covering the butyl adhesive strips. Hand form the base all around the tile and apply pressure to the butyl adhesive side strip.
- Ensure all fittings are of a quality suitable to sustain the rated loads of the Roof Safety Anchor (15Kn single person/limited freefall)
- Ensure the rafter/rafter/trussis capable of sustaining the rated loading of the Roof Safety Anchor (verification by a suitably qualified engineer may be required)
- Roof Extenda recommends spraying the Roof Safety Anchor with Cold Gal if installed in coastal areas
- The Roof Safety Anchor is a single point anchor
- NO alterations are to be made to the Roof Safety Anchor
- Complies with AS/NZS 2013 standards
- It is recommended to inspect the installed Roof Safety Anchor annually, and inspect and test after an incident has occurred
- The Roof Safety Anchor is for personal use only (harness attachment) – it is NOT to be used for any other purpose, or as a multiple attachment
- The Roof Safety Anchor must be installed following the manufacturers instructions. It is designed and engineered to be installed on timber rafter/truss. Ensure installation is correct prior to using the Roof Extenda Safety Anchor.
Roof Extenda accepts no liability for the type of construction the Anchor is fixed to nor the type of harness used.
Installation Guide Safety Anchor Roof Exenda